Springs Creative is transforming the textile-related home and lifestyle industry. Driven by leading-edge design, development and application, the company supplies an assortment of products in Fabric, Crafts, Decorative, Home, Lifestyle and Technical/Specialty Fabrics.
The company headquarters and design center are located in Rock Hill, South Carolina (20 minutes from Charlotte) in a 100-year-old cotton factory. In the design center, there are more than 400,000 antique textile/art documents which serve as the nucleus of the operation. Located adjacent to the design center, the company’s world class digital printing facility operates with capabilities for multiple end uses and widths. Many additional capabilities exist including imaging services, fabrication, distribution/fulfillment, global sourcing, licensed product and decorative fabrics among many others.
Springs Creative Products Group is seeking a Director of Merchandising – Fabrication, Home Textiles. Candidate will possess proven experience in creating product from fabric origin to finished product. Knowledge of and familiarity with the customer/market base including wholesale, retail and e-commerce are required. Ability to envision and execute product designs for multiple segments of the home textiles business including but not limited to; bed, bath, window, decorative, accents and kitchen. Fabrication skills including directing finished product with aesthetic and technical details are essential. Interested applicants should email email@example.com.
Job Title: Director of Merchandising/Fabrication and Home Textiles
Reports To: VP of Merchandising
- Essential requirements for the position are the ability to innovate, create, execute and market.
- Experience in merchandising in the particular market segments is a must.
- Candidate will have the ability to personally work within multiple departments in a professional and productive manner to achieve results.
- Candidate will be an active member of the merchandising team participate in weekly product reviews and product needs/idea sessions.
- Candidate will actively interact with sales on strategy and presentation as required.
- Some travel as necessary for customer presentations, markets, product research and sourcing.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business or related field; MBA preferred
- 10 years related experience in home fashions segment
- Results oriented, high energy level with the vision and management skills required to direct and motivate a team
- Must be very detailed oriented and able to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Broad business knowledge
- Strong product development knowledge
- Strong quantitative analytical skills
- Awareness and ability to navigate competitive web presence, including e-commerce
- Demonstrated leadership, problem solving and strategic planning skills
- Consumer oriented and forward thinker
- Exceptional communication, presentation and persuasion skills
- Ability to work independently and in team settings
- Ability to build and maintain collaborative relationships both internally and externally
- Normal office setting, noise level in work environment is generally quiet.
- Ability to handle office equipment (telephone, computer, etc.), and regular attendance.
- While performing duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, use hands and fingers, talk and hear.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
We are committed to providing great customer service, bringing creativity and innovation, and remaining a diverse and positive company in the process.